Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh geez! I might be wrong, but it looks like Bart's in Jail is also gonna be a Bart episode, even though it's still gonna be a Grampa episode, but what could possibly go wrong?

Speaking of which, there should be promo pictures for THOH XXXII up on FOXFLASH sometime later today. There was already promo pictures for one of the upcoming Halloween episodes for Bob's Burgers, The Great North and Family Guy the other night. It makes me wonder why there wasn't promo pictures for Treehouse of Horror XXXII on FOXFLASH that night

Well I think we got separate posters for segments? Or maybe they were just done for funsies. There's Telltale Bart, that Parasite one annnd if said posters were THOH segments then there's "A Tween's Gambit" and "Molemen" iirc?

Attention everyone, the episode title for UABF16 is called 'Habeus Tortoise'. And guess who wrote it...

FAjV-GCVEBEwMQB

Last edited:
Attention everyone, the episode title for UABF16 is called 'Habeus Tortoise'. And guess who wrote it...

FAjV-GCVEBEwMQB

Does it mean anything that they have Luigi's name right after the main cast? Also if you look closely you can see Fat Tony's name in the call sheet except the Fa is cut off. Chris Edgerly is most likely covering for Joe Mantegna for the script read. Below him, you can a character with only the GS visible. This is most likely Legs, and below his name, you can see a name with uie most likely being Louie.

Does it mean anything that they have Luigi's name right after the main cast? Also if you look closely you can see Fat Tony's name in the call sheet except the Fa is cut off. Chris Edgerly is most likely covering for Joe Mantegna for the script read.
Possibly! Could be a Luigi episode though, I wouldn't bother asking one of the Simpsons crew on Twitter about that yet, I might whenever I feel like it one day. And whatever happened to Joe Mantegna this time? 🤔

Excuse me, but I already said what the episode title name is called for UABF16. But I didn't say who the writer is

Yo, what happened to Grampa? He must be a Million-Dollar Abie, except there's a lot of money around Grampa this time. Or maybe, that's just a money man sitting on The Simpsons' couch

Last edited:
Also, from that tweet: the exclamation mark IS part of title, and not Fox or Jean's mistake.
This Sunday's episode "Bart's in Jail!" is truly one of my very favorite shows I've ever worked on in the 25 years I've been on
TheSimpsons Alancumming ScottHanson #MoneyGrampa

Google to help

Habeas corpus

Latin for "that you have the body." In the US system, federal courts can use the writ of habeas corpus to determine if a state's detention of a prisoner is valid. A writ of habeas corpus is used to bring a prisoner or other detainee (e.g. institutionalized mental patient) before the court to determine if the person's imprisonment or detention is lawful. A habeas petition proceeds as a civil action against the State agent (usually a warden) who holds the defendant in custody. It can also be used to examine any extradition processes used, the amount of bail, and the jurisdiction of the court.
Habeus is just some pun. The story will show.

--"THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

LISA REACTS TO MARGE'S HURTFUL WORD ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24, ON FOX

Marge puts a hurtful word in Lisa's brain and Bart gets swole in the all-new "Lisa's Belly" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 24 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3220) (TV-PG D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Bart gets swole
"Swole definition is - extremely muscular : having a physique enhanced by bodybuilding exercises"
This should be an interesting plot lol.
Also, does anyone know why FoxFlash is holding back on the promo images for Treehouse of Horror XXXII? Every other FOX animated show that has an episode airing that night has its promo images already posted on the site.

Also, does anyone know why FoxFlash is holding back on the promo images for Treehouse of Horror XXXII? Every other FOX animated show that has an episode airing that night has its promo images already posted on the site.
I don't know! Perhaps one of The Simpsons voice actors, producers, the writer and the director were probably very busy thinking of a Halloween name that they want to have for this year?

My hope is that they're not finding themselves rushed because of the earlier release date.

THOH episodes are almost always the most demanding in terms of production effort in large part to the variety of animation styles and approaches each segment has on offer. (Something other FOX animated properties seldom have to deal with for their annual Halloween spectacles.) Yeah, one of these 5 segments was already shown off in the summer but we remain completely in the dark on two of them and we just heard about the Bambi's revenge premise when the press material went out.

Yeah, there have been earlier Treehouse releases in the past - most notably XXIII and XXIV which aired on the 7th and 6th of October, respectively. But those episodes had a baked-in expectation of no available airdates for new episodes until November. So they could plan around that accordingly. That's not the case with this season and I could easily see how they may have mapped out a promotional and production timetable for THOH XXXII to air on the 24th of October only to then be blindsided by a request to run it on the 10th instead "to take advantage of an NFL lead-in".

I've actually been a proponent of capitalizing on NFL lead-ins to get eyes on the best the franchise has to offer in the past. It hasn't been uncommon for the show's WORST efforts to wind up with the most eyes in recent years because they've been callous about scheduling their best work in opportunities where they'll have the most viewers. Recent episodes that enjoyed huge ratings due to lead-ins include Three Dreams Denied, Marge the Lumberjill, Go Big or Go Homer and The Girl on the Bus. Treehouse of Horrors haven't always been earmarked for NFL lead-in focus but they have wound up with them the last two seasons (albeit last year was by accident post-delay due to baseball).

Perhaps they shouldn't have been caught off guard again. Perhaps they also need to start going to bat for the episodes they're truly proud of instead of letting network execs steamroll them into situations that don't show off the show in the best light. After all, Matt Selman's on record for saying this Sunday's episode is one he's the most proud of contributing to over the past 25 years and it's not going to benefit from an NFL lead-in. It's going to instead be watched by less than 2 million people.

--"THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

LISA REACTS TO MARGE'S HURTFUL WORD ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24, ON FOX

Marge puts a hurtful word in Lisa's brain and Bart gets swole in the all-new "Lisa's Belly" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 24 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3220) (TV-PG D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders
That just raises further questions!

According to The Simpsons Archive website, there won't be new episodes for The Simpsons on October 31st this year. You'll see why inside the link down below:

https://simpsonsarchive.com/upcoming.shtml
You know The Simpsons Archive is some part of NHC, and managed by That Don Guy user?
And YES the World Series on that date has been discussed since, I think, May!:oops: Nothing surprising in short.

The more unusual is Oct 24th NON-HALLAWEEN episode. That's for the first time after THOH in October, there are TWO episodes on that month. If Fox did it (shifted "Halloween" in 3 weeks earlier, WITH ability of normal schedule) just for "football boost" (which is true), that's the dumbest thing:facesmack:

"Swole definition is - extremely muscular : having a physique enhanced by bodybuilding exercises"
This should be an interesting plot lol.
Or Swole = lose consciousness = (in simple language) suddenly fall with sorta comma state. At least my translator translate in such way, and for me it sounds much better (in way of quality and possible plot twist).

Also, am I the only, who thinks "Lisa's Belly" means not "Lisa has Belly", but "Lisa IS Belly" and "Belly" is that hurtful word Marge said?🤔

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back