Jon Vitti's worst episode

John Smith 1882

My mistake
Vitti is often cited as the best writer (or one of the best). But what do you think is his worst episode?
Edit: Maybe I should have said excluding Another Simpsons Clip Show, that would be the obvious choice. Clip shows don't really count to me.

Last edited:
Don't forgot he wrote episodes after the Golden Years, such as The Old Man and the Key and Marge vs. Singles, ect.

He has a damn good track record for sure. His weakest would have to be Another Simpsons Clip Show. Even though it's okay it's still very much a standard clipshow with not much else to it. But even then he did also write The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular!, which is the only clipshow I really love.

Don't forgot he wrote episodes after the Golden Years, such as The Old Man and the Key and Marge vs. Singles, ect.
Yeah, those are probably worse than Homer’s Night Out; Homer’s Night Out just sticks out more as a weak episode in a relatively strong season. The others mostly blend in, so it’s a bit harder to see them as worse.

The only thing I remember from Marge vs Singles was that irritating Raffi song that kept going on and on, and they even played it again during the credits. Didn't they say Maggie hated Raffi in Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?

marge vs. singles is good. its funny. i dont actually dislike any of his post-classic eps. worst is easily another simpsons clip show.

Jon Vitti managed to have a pretty good run with post-classic episodes all of them are standouts from their era

The only thing I remember from Marge vs Singles was that irritating Raffi song that kept going on and on, and they even played it again during the credits. Didn't they say Maggie hated Raffi in Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?
I think that Herb tells a parent that his baby translator can tell what a baby is thinking and suggests turn off that Raffi record as one of the baby's thoughts but doesn't actual identify it as Maggie's opinion. I like to think Maggie's type of baby music is sung by John Redcorn. :D

Yeah, definitely Marge vs. Singles etc. There are hints of a pure Vitti episode burried deep under utter nonsense and the cruel lack of subtlety that plagued most of the Jean-era satirical episodes.

(I'm not including the clip show though. Too easy of a choice.)

Last edited:
Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily

Blame the very Idiot Plot heavy first act but especially the misunderstanding the way it's played here that makes me despise episodes like this and similar ilk just for resorting to this type of plot point like Family Guy's Love Thy Trophy and American Dad!'s Rough Trade.

Sleeping with the enemy. What could have been an amazing episode was pretty much ruined.

I wouldn't say worst but his weakest in my opinion Marge vs. Singles... When I think of the word worst, I can't watch it again.

Back