What's the last TV show you watched?

Binging through Free! Iwatobi Swim Club. Just finished season 1, going to start Eternal Summer soon. Hope I can finish it before I lose my Funimation account.

Rented season 5 of 'Game of Thrones': I'm at the episode where Arya's learning to be a faceless assassin and Tyrion's getting ready to meet Daenerys.

'Great News' from last night. The episode had this really odd message. This really powerful boss of the news station was sexually harassing the male employees and when they told their female co-workers about it they just scoffed and dismissed the whole thing and at the end the woman was doing it so she could be fired and get $25 million out of it.

Season 6 Game of Thrones DVD: Jon Snow is brought back to life and Arya gets her sight back.

Binging through That's So Raven recently. Unfortunately the Disney app only has Season 1 now, but I may buy later seasons on digital platforms.

The Good Place, season 1. I love it. It's hilarious and the setting is interesting and full of colors. Hoping to catch up on Season 2 soon.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

every time I watch this I'm reminded why I like it so much. I can't think of any episode that doesn't make me laugh. it also reminds me that i'm a good 4 seasons behind and need to catch up.

I'm on Season 4 of that right now (I have three episodes left). I've been watching it for about two months and it became my favorite live-action comedy very quickly. I think Season 3 is the best one I've watched so far (some highlights for me being the mob episodes and the bums episode).

I've been enjoying a bunch of stuff recently:

Watched this when it was new on TV 16 years ago and it's only recently been available to rewatch anywhere. Holds up.

M*A*S*H - Started this with my wife a couple of years ago and she lost interest. I'm still digging it though

Arrested Development - I started watching this series perhaps 5 years ago and it just fell out of my rotation of shows that I watched. I've gone back the start now and am enjoying it.

South Park - I watched a handful of episodes when they were new in the late 90s and then left the show alone. I watched every episode from S10 onwards and now I'm going back to the start and am working my way through S1 and onwards.

Trailer Park Boys - Great show. I'm on season 8 and am loving it. It's changed and evolved but I'm still loving it. RIP John Dunsworth :(

Taskmaster - Love this show even though it's a bit in decline. It just means that there's 5 hilarious moments a show now instead of 10. Still worth it. Watch this with my wife and we've fallen behind a bit, but it just means that we can have a binge sometime.

I watched some Futurama last night. second disc of... season 6? whatever the first season on comedy central is; everything from That Darn Katz! to the Holiday Spectacular.

some good episodes in that bunch; I'd seen That Darn Katz and the holiday spectacular before, but I'd never seen The Mutants are Revolting, Prisoner of Benda, or the Lrr episode I'm not even going to try to spell. my favorite of these was Prisoner, because it had a lot of great humor and the plot was pretty interesting

watched a few tv shows recently:

the kingdom/riget (1994)
riget-ghosts.jpg

a wonderful danish horror miniseries. this seems mostly innocent at first, but becomes much more dark and gritty as it goes on. sometimes it seems needlessly long, and spends too much time building up suspense, but it is mostly pure brilliance. the finale is completely amazing, but it raises more questions than it answers. this is all on youtube, so you guys have no excuse for not watching it.

moral orel (2005-2008)
mwK5X-7060.png

thank you so much for telling me about this, nhc. i had seen a few episodes before, but i finally decided to watch it in full. the first series is silly and formulaic, but can also be hilarious. however, even if you don't like the first season, i still encourage you to continue watching. during the second season, the show's elements of tragedy (many of which have been present from the very start) are emphasised. we have episodes like 'the lord's prayer', which are both laugh out loud hilarious and emotional.
but the third season is just one of the most amazing things i have ever seen. despite the fact that adult swim did all they could to ruin it, it is still so wonderful and powerful. there are genuinely depressing eisodes like 'alone', as well as wonderful feel good episodes with hapy endings like 'closeface.' and, although i know that its not the ending that the show's creators wanted, i loved then end of 'honour.'
also, there's some great music here, both from the mountain goats, and original songs like 'closeface', 'i hate you jesus', 'turn the other cheek' and 'the homosexual hop.'

breaking bad (2008-2013)
BB_S4_UnansweredQuestions_Jesse-560.jpg

i started watching this in july, and only finished it recently. i know that this isn't how you're supposed to watch it, but i don't think i could have wated any longer. the first season seems very light and homorous (at least in comparison with the later ones), but with dark undertones which grow throughout the show. there are so many twists and turns, and every charcter has completely changed from the start to the end. this will stay as one of y favourites.

Stranger Things 2

I've heard a few complaints from certain people, and I've seen some certain flaws, but I definitely don't regret watching it. It was a really fun ride.

Stranger Things 2

I've heard a few complaints from certain people, and I've seen some certain flaws, but I definitely don't regret watching it. It was a really fun ride.

I'm at episode 8 right now and it's pretty much what I expected so far. Some moments are fun, but overall it's really not that great.

I've just started watching Bates Motel and I am absolutely hooked. It's such a fresh perspective on the original Psycho movie but with a modern twist. The acting is fantastic and every episode leaves me wanting a little more.

Black and white game shows BUZZR has on early in the morning (To Tell The Truth, What's My Line and I've Got A Secret)

LAST NIGHT:

Simpsons (of course)

Ozzy and Jack's World Detour

Comic Book Men
----------------------------------------------
THIS MORNING:

Black and white game shows on BUZZR

Match Game on GSN

Streaming Youtube videos of Japanese game shows

Started watching Big City Greens. It's a very amusing show. Although, the recent episode I saw reeked of "Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!"

The dad put the sister in charge of the brother. He dislocated his shoulder and attempted to use it as evidence to get her in trouble. Hmmm... remind you of something?

That aside, it's a great series and I'd love to see more.

Started watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. This show is so over the top I really enjoy it. The songs are pretty nice too.

Back