US Politics (Office of the Former President Appreciation Thread)

i don't think people would vote democrat for president and republicans for congress, especially when the candidates are on the same piece of paper.

also no. there is zero chance he will "destroy" hillary, if he wins at all(which is a slim chance). also of course it wouldn't be glorious.

zero chance? with how corrupt and slimy and incredibly out-of-touch Clinton is? Trump will have so much fodder to use he'll be able to keep shutting her down until November if he's smart about it.

you literally won't allow either ideas as a chance? i mean, i'd say there's a pretty good chance of both actually happening but i guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out!

if no one cares about slimy hillary now they aren't going to care later

emails and benghazi and all that other garbage have been non issues for the last two-ish years, they will continue to be non issues.

then truly we're all a bunch of slobbering idiots and deserve her as president!

the extent of your hatred of clinton is obsessive and weird

no, it's incredibly justified. i'm not going to get into an argument over her record or her ties to big money, do a fucking google search and open your eyes.

well, i'm sorry then but the fact that she's incredibly corrupt and a figurehead for lobbyists and wall street means to me she should not be able to represent the people. she's a terrible person.

at worst we can have hillary for four years, than hopefully get somebody different and better in there in 2020. and i don't mean trump.

And Donald Trump is a hate-mongering capitalist moron that was born into money.

What's your point?

Please explain what we, as a nation can do in this general election, to keep Wall Street from getting a piece of whoever is elected president. Please explain. If you seriously, in your heart of hearts, don't think Wall Street is going to own Donald Trump in some regard, you are in a seriously, almost catatonic level of denial.

in my eyes (and apparently only mine), he's leaps and bounds better than Clinton. a trump presidency would be no worse than a Clinton presidency - it might even be a bit better because Trump opposes the TPP which Clinton is against now but would MOST DEFINITELY support once she got in office and the money began to flow for her to make it a reality. The TPP is an Obama idea and Clinton is Obama 2.0, after all.

xaiv, genuine question: do you describe yourself as left or right wing? or just like really anti-establishment and nothing else matters?

the tpp won't take away your 'right' to pirate software don't worry

that's the only reason people care about it. like I don't like the free trade deals either but christ

And Donald Trump is a hate-mongering capitalist moron that was born into money.

What's your point?

Please explain what we, as a nation can do in this general election, to keep Wall Street from getting a piece of whoever is elected president. Please explain. If you seriously, in your heart of hearts, don't think Wall Street is going to own Donald Trump in some regard, you are in a seriously, almost catatonic level of denial.

to be fair, is Sanders the godsend then? is he the one that will truly help the people? going by your logic, every candidate will be bought out by Wall Street if they become president so it doesn't really matter how I vote!

thats true, voting is worthless, unless its for local office or direct policy referendums

you also might have the case where democratic voters hold a mass exodus from the party to anti-establishment Trump because Sanders was shafted the nomination - but that's only in the case of the presidency, not congress.
WTF I really doubt people who support Bernie would go from him to Trump just bc anti establishment. The vast majority of Bernie supporters detest Trump.

you might as well say there's no point in voting since the electoral college has more swing in who wins the presidency than the popular vote does

The only way you can even possibly claim a Trump presidency will be beter off for you is if you're straight, white and relatively well off, is sending a message to Wall Street really worth giving every minority along the way a hard kicking?

xaiv, genuine question: do you describe yourself as left or right wing? or just like really anti-establishment and nothing else matters?

at this point, the latter. i'm sick of the corrupt politicians and the lobbyist money controlling the government. i mean, on the issues, i go left - i'm very liberal. i'm just fed up with the way the government is being run.

the tpp won't take away your 'right' to pirate software don't worry

that's the only reason people care about it. like I don't like the free trade deals either but christ

WHEW, good job assuming I care only about the copyright laws of the bill but I don't illegally download media. i'm not gonna have this argument if that's how you're opening but by all means, lob some more insults.

The only way you can even possibly claim a Trump presidency will be beter off for you is if you're straight, white and relatively well off, is sending a message to Wall Street really worth giving every minority along the way a hard kicking?

can you tell me how every minority would be given a hard kick? the only thing i can think of fitting that label is his anti-muslim ban. otherwise, can you cite some stuff?

Hey [MENTION=32798]Old painty-can Ned[/MENTION], sorry for fighting with you a couple Thanksgivings ago.

The Trump campaign has kinda opened my eyes a little to how awful freedom of speech and civil rights are celebrated in my country. :(

to be fair, is Sanders the godsend then? is he the one that will truly help the people? going by your logic, every candidate will be bought out by Wall Street if they become president so it doesn't really matter how I vote!

Yeah, sure. So that's why you should vote for the candidate that doesn't support hate.

If you wanna stop lobbyists, it has to be done before the rules are set for a general election. There's nothing they can do about it now. It needs to be an important issue that is presented to Congress, either via protests, marches, or letters to Congresspeople. That's the only way you're going to get change. It needs to be an important issue. You can't fix the system by electing one guy to one branch of the government.

the government is going to be run by corrupt politicians and lobbyism for the foreseeable future, a trump presidency wouldn't change that

Hey [MENTION=32798]Old painty-can Ned[/MENTION], sorry for fighting with you a couple Thanksgivings ago.

The Trump campaign has kinda opened my eyes a little to how awful freedom of speech and civil rights are celebrated in my country. :(

Yeah, sure. So that's why you should vote for the candidate that doesn't support hate.

If you wanna stop lobbyists, it has to be done before the rules are set for a general election. There's nothing they can do about it now. It needs to be an important issue that is presented to Congress, either via protests, marches, or letters to Congresspeople. That's the only way you're going to get change. It needs to be an important issue. You can't fix the system by electing one guy to one branch of the government.

nah, but i'd say putting someone from outside of the conjoined bubble of corrupt dem/gop politics in charge would send a message

but why does it have to be trump when he would just be worse then the establishment, like you are speaking from an unimaginable position of privilege if you think trump won't make things worse for you

to me as an outsider, this looks like an one issue election and that issue is "avoiding the cartoon fascist man baby becoming the most powerful man in the world"

don't vote for dangerous right wing egotists to send some silly anti-establishment message because it will have disastrous real world consequences domestically and internationally

also there's potentially a supreme court justice pick at stake

would much rather hillary get that pick than trump

so [MENTION=56353]deadname[/MENTION] thumbed a [MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION] post in here
maybe unicorns and trump presidencies are real

Back