Best part about a cartoon show

Robotics

魔女旅人
Well, this isn't about any specific cartoon show. It's more aimed towards your perspective of cartoons as you grow up.

I'm sure we all had quite imaginative childhoods watching cartoons, role-playing characters, and other zany things. Now as we all grew older-- at least for the many of us-- I find that we drift further and further away from this. Perhaps because it's more children-oriented? Of course, once so often we may find ourselves watching a cartoon show again (Not just The Simpsons).

So, what brings you back to watching cartoons shows? If you're already a regular viewer, what brings you close to cartoon shows?
(Yes, reasonings may vary for different shows.)

The purpose? I have a personal project coming up, and It'd be great to have a general census of what you people think. Uh, It's also a good way to look at a subject to reflect at life I guess...

I like how imaginative and crazy they are! Live action shows these days are all the same to me - actors who can't act, hackneyed plots, and just an overall bland quality to everything about them. Whereas, animation can do things that live action shows can't, and that is the reason why they've always been so much more original than live action shows. I like how the characters don't have to be human, how they can successfully pull of concepts that haven't been done before, and when they do decide to use a plot that's been done on many other shows, they can still make it more enjoyable than any other show could. Even some of the simplest, most boring plots can become entertaining if approached by an animated show.

Aside from the nostalgia, I find that after looking at old shows I pick up a lot of jokes and references that I might've initially missed during my first watch as a kid. There's a Powerpuff Girls episode about four of the show's main villains teaming up to form a supervillain group called the "Beat-Alls". That episode introduced me to the Beatles for the first time, but it wasn't until rewatching it now when I found how chock-full of Beatles references were really in that episode.

oh come on every single beatles reference in that episode is painfully obvious (they pretty much point at them and go "huh?! huh?!"). so much so that it's really not that good and just reference after reference with no actual plot or funny to hold them together.

Thank you for the tips. Proper care will save money in long term. Someone always help make seriuosly posts i'd condition.

Last edited:
oh come on every single beatles reference in that episode is painfully obvious (they pretty much point at them and go "huh?! huh?!"). so much so that it's really not that good and just reference after reference with no actual plot or funny to hold them together.

Well I had no idea who the Beatles were back then, so I personally found it nice to understand those jokes after all this time.

Back