Mafia (Results!)

should we do this? (also are you in)

• Total voters
I'm on to you irvine

When I read your posts a little voice inside my head says 'he's mafia'

You're almost too active, Dobbie...leading me to believe that you're paranoid.

Again, I am voting off [MENTION=45281]Zombie[/MENTION]s.

[MENTION=46632]Mojo[/MENTION] (nominated by [MENTION=39560]Zombies Rise from the Sea[/MENTION]).

I didn't nominate him, Financial Panther did.

I understand your intentions but straightforward voting is norm in mafia for a reason. It actually ensures that everybody gets a fair chance as being percieved as mafia and there's this certainty or uncertainty that you get from voting for a person rather then nominating him then voting for him. Plus it seems much simpler and straightforward; no missed nominations, no confusion or complex routines, just pure simplicity.

Whatever works for you is fine but the straightforward voting system is in my opinion the best way to do mafia and an established tradition at that.

Haha, fair enough, [MENTION=39560]Zombies Rise from the Sea[/MENTION]!

Only Joey and Riviera left, both have been strangely quiet for some reason.

I was just about to post that too (about Zombies' nomination).

Yeah, screw it. There's too much confusion over what is a nomination and what's a "I suspect so-and-so" answer. Looking over my initial post, the nomination process is getting too confusing and over half the players are going to end up getting nominated anyway. From now on, just PM me with the name of the person you think is the mafia (and want to vote off). If we get a massive tie, that's what the Judge is for anyway.

Send me your votes and we'll start the next night phase when we get all 10 or until the Wednesday deadline passes. No changing your vote once you've PM'd me it. The votes I've gotten random already don't count; send me a new vote.

Sorry about the confusion over the voting and stuff. I'm trying to figure this out on the fly. ;)

Thank you Jims; I've sent in my vote already.

Now to sit back and wait until the day ends.

I was thinking about him too! It's pretty awkward to see him post in other threads but completely ignore this one!

I'm here guys, I'm here don't worry. And I've cast my vote: Mojo, shifty fella!

Sorry I've not been in the thread as of ten as I should be, it's been a hectic start to the week.

I've received all 10 votes now, so I'll be posting the results sooner or later. Unfortunately, I kind of have to close the thread for now, though, I'll reopen it later.

Wow.

I am utterly stunned at what happened in this Mafia game. The odds of what happened here are so ridiculously small that I'm kind of puzzled that it even went down like this.

So, here are the voting results for Day Phase #1.

irvine_11 - 3 votes (Financial Panther, Dobbie, Oh that's raspberry!)
Mojo - 3 votes (Zombies Rise from the Sea, Riviera, and JoeyJoJoShabadoo)
Dobbie - 1 vote (Mojo)
Jesse Pinkman - 1 vote (iambobdole1)
iambobdole1 - 1 vote (Jesse Pinkman)
Oh, that's raspberry - 1 vote (irvine_11)

So, the decision went to the Judge, between irvine_11 and Mojo.

The judge chose to eliminate irvine_11.

But the real question is, does is the game continue? Was irvine_11 the mafia? The answer is...

Yes 

The reason why I said in the last post that I'm kind of floored at how the whole thing went down was because the game got ridiculously silly from the get-go.

Here were the list of player roles. You'll see how this got messed up real quick.

irvine_11 was the Mafia.
Dobbie was the Detective.
iambobdole1 was the Doctor.
Jesse Pinkman was the Judge.

So, one of the very first PMs I got back was from irvine_11 himself. And who did he choose to eliminate in Night #1? Dobbie. The detective. The mafia somehow chose to eliminate his biggest rival on the very first night. This is like the most ridiculously good start for him.

Dobbie's PM comes next, accusing Jesse Pinkman of being the Mafia. I confirm that Mr. Pinkman is not the Mafia.

So, as well as know now, here's where it gets really messed up. iambobdole1, the Doctor, sends in his vote, and he chooses to save Dobbie the Detective. So we've gone from irvine_11 having the best 1st night ever to a total disaster, and he doesn't completely know it. And now iambobdole1 knows it's not Dobbie, and Dobbie knows it's not Jesse Pinkman (who happens to be the Judge).

I don't know what irvine_11's strategy for Night #2 was, but I was thinking that Dobbie's days were numbered as Detective. iambobdole1 couldn't save him two nights in a row, so irvine_11 might have taken another swing at him (and succeed for sure). So Day #1 might have been Dobbie's only chance to even survive in the game. And if irvine_11 could get through the Day #1, he might've inadvertantly ended up in a good position anyway (with the Detective gone) for Day #2.

I still don't know how Dobbie came to figuring out it was irvine_11, but somehow he just latched onto him. Dobbie basically systematically accused pretty much everyone (except Jesse Pinkman), and eventually settled on irvine_11. The turning point seemed to be this exchange...

Sup [MENTION=43951]irvine_11[/MENTION]

You've been quiet...

I'm voting out [MENTION=43656]Oh, that's raspberry![/MENTION] for the reason I said before - I don't trust recluses.

Quick to pull the trigger, are we irvine?

I change my mind and I nominate irvine_11 for the boot. He's been quiet and seems to point fingers quickly. Mark it!

I'm guessing it was irvine_11's relative quietness (in comparison to other threads?) that tipped Dobbie off, or maybe it was just intuition, because Dobbie seemed really set on his pick after that. Maybe irvine_11 just got unlucky to be the last person in the room. And unfortunately, this was when nominations and voting was about to begin, so it was all just terrible luck for irvine_11. Financial Panther and OTR both got on board with the irvine_11 vote.

But the Mojo-as-mafia theory picked up a lot of steam too, generating 3 votes for Mojo as well. So it went to Jesse Pinkman the judge (who voted for iambobdole1) to break the tie. It went to the only person who Dobbie the Detective knew was innocent.

Jesse Pinkman said:
Jims said:
Hey Mr. Pinkman,

I have gotten all of the votes now, and we have a tie between two players, so you get to decide who goes. It's nice being the Judge, huh? ;)

The tie is between irvine_11 and Mojo. Let me know which of the two you think is the mafia (and are therefore voting out), and I'll post the results. I'll reveal that we had a tie afterwards, but I won't mention that you were the Judge. The decision is yours and yours alone.

It is pretty nice being the judge haha.

I'm thinking irvine_11 is in the Mafia, so my vote goes to him.

And the game was over. If Mr. Pinkman had voted off Mojo, the game would've continued and irvine_11 would've escaped by the skin of his teeth. It actually would've been really interesting to see what irvine would do in Night #2, as picking off Dobbie (his main accuser in Round 1) might look really, really fishy to people. irvine_11, what were you planning on doing?

You know, even though irvine_11 got voted off in the first round, I really don't think he should feel bad about how it went down. Because, as I pointed out at the beginning, he got ridiculously, ridiculously unlucky right off the bat when iambobdole1 randomly shielded Dobbie. If Dobbie goes out, then he has no Detective to worry about for the rest of the game, and even more importantly for him, Dobbie wouldn't be around to accuse him of being the mafia. He probably would've skated through Day #1 pretty easily. It was a 1-in-10 chance that iambobdole1 happened to pick the same guy as him. 9-out-10 times, he'd be fine in this scenario.

And he also got really unlucky because I couldn't get my act together with the voting/nominations process. A lot of the decision-making went down Monday night on my end, when he wasn't online to defend himself, and it also went down when he was a chief suspect. So I'm afraid I sabotaged him a little on my end. With me changing up the rules and the nominating, it made it pretty much impossible for him to have a coherent Day Phase strategy. So I apologize for any role my blundering had in your downfall.

But, like I said, even though this was a ridiculously short game of Mafia, it was a good one, just because of how messed up the whole thing got IMMEDIATELY.

So everyone should raise a glass to our very brave (but ultimately unlucky) mafia, [MENTION=43951]irvine_11[/MENTION]! :gatorbang:

Since this game was so short, I'm up for starting a new round of this sometime. I don't even necessarily have to host, if someone else wants to take the reins. [MENTION=39560]Zombies Rise from the Sea[/MENTION] seems to be the most experienced person with online versions of this, so he could be of great assistance.

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. Imagine how hard it was to hold all of this ridiculousness in. ;)

I still can't figure out if [MENTION=46605]Dobbie[/MENTION] had a conspiracy going on or not, with how 100% positive he was. Crazy stuff.

Jesus, poor [MENTION=43951]irvine_11[/MENTION]. He got completely annihilated!

It's a shame that he had to post that post about [MENTION=43656]Oh, that's raspberry![/MENTION]. There's just something with that message that gave me this gut feeling!

Unlucky, irvy! But I suppose I'll have to thank [MENTION=36001]iambobdole1[/MENTION]!

Back