The Lounge: Now As Active As The UK Lounge

So, I think someone got into my car on Friday evening without my knowledge.

On Saturday afternoon, I noticed that the cord for my iPod charger was missing. It's one of those cheap MP3 chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter... Had it for 7-8 years now. The plug is still stuck in the cigarette lighter, but there's no cord attached to it anymore. I looked around the rest of my car, and nothing else appeared to have been stolen. My car is mostly full of trash anyway, but there were a couple knick-knacks like a glass mug, a jacket, and a tennis racket.

I remember now on Friday evening getting into my car and finding it unlocked... I remember putting my key in the lock and accidentally locking by mistake, but I just assumed I left the car unlocked. So it seems likely someone got into it, but I can't figure out for the life of me why they took the, like, $1 iPod cord and left the plug it was attached to. And nothing else.

Very strange.

So, I think someone got into my car on Friday evening without my knowledge.

On Saturday afternoon, I noticed that the cord for my iPod charger was missing. It's one of those cheap MP3 chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter... Had it for 7-8 years now. The plug is still stuck in the cigarette lighter, but there's no cord attached to it anymore. I looked around the rest of my car, and nothing else appeared to have been stolen. My car is mostly full of trash anyway, but there were a couple knick-knacks like a glass mug, a jacket, and a tennis racket.

I remember now on Friday evening getting into my car and finding it unlocked... I remember putting my key in the lock and accidentally locking by mistake, but I just assumed I left the car unlocked. So it seems likely someone got into it, but I can't figure out for the life of me why they took the, like, $1 iPod cord and left the plug it was attached to. And nothing else.

Very strange.

He figured out that was probably the most valuable thing in your car!

[MENTION=1433]brentmoney[/MENTION], I am going to ask you kindly if you could please get rid of that signature. Seeing as how I no longer have that in my signature, it doesn't make any sense, but I still feel as if I am being mocked. I think it would be better for both of us if it was done away with.

[MENTION=47469]Knightboat[/MENTION], it's supposed to make it look like there's a bug on your computer screen. I believe [MENTION=13660]The mayor of Albuquerque[/MENTION] has the same sort of signature.

Haha, thanks [MENTION=29904]Fin[/MENTION]ancial Fanther. I do realise that now. The reason it confused me was because for a split second it did fool me.

On a related note, don't touch your monitor with sticky fingers.

[MENTION=46632]Mozy[/MENTION] you mean your Hurricane Neddy review? It wasn't that bad, it's pretty hard to say something different when a few members have already posted there review. It feels like you're just going to repeat what others have said, which is why I try to do mine early. Interesting info on the Nielsen Ratings and good call on the Halloween reference. It completly slipped my mind. 3/5 seemed to be a little low though however my 8.5/10 grade might have been a touch too high.

I think there are a few that would be in the 3/5 range (Treehouse VII, Springfield Files, Mary Bobbins). I think there are only a couple of near perfect episodes from this season (Homer's Enemy, You Only Move Twice, Homer vs the Eighteenth Ammendment). The cracks in the armour were starting to show by the eighth season. Shouldn't this be discussed on the Simpsons forum?

Last edited:
Springfield Files just seemed like a cheap way to promote the X-Files when it originally aired. It's not horrible by any means, just an excuse to use the en vogue celebrities at the time.

Lisa's Date with Density, just a bad episode.

Springfield Files is great. they used the celebrities well.

something about the episode just makes me love it. the whole mystery vibe to it is really fun to watch. it has a lot of really great gags. it might not be the funniest of the series but it's easily one of them to me.

i like that episode a lot too [MENTION=46658]Jerkass Homer[/MENTION]

Lisa's Date With Density was a fun one-off episode. There are a lot of instances of girls falling for the bad-boy image and the auto-dialer was a good b-story.

[MENTION=46632]Mozy[/MENTION] you mean your Hurricane Neddy review? It wasn't that bad, it's pretty hard to say something different when a few members have already posted there review. It feels like you're just going to repeat what others have said, which is why I try to do mine early. Interesting info on the Nielsen Ratings and good call on the Halloween reference. It completly slipped my mind. 3/5 seemed to be a little low though however my 8.5/10 grade might have been a touch too high.

Thanks for the good response!

i do enjoy the auto-dialer b plot. but that a plot. :annoyedgator:

Back