NEW ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have anything against Bieber, but still, someone out there might be concerned:

beiberads.jpg

I don't mind changing the name, as long as it doesn't bash the current Simpsons fans. Like I said, I don't mind making the board a general message board, as long as us Simpsons fans aren't looked down upon as a result.

the forum leaders here have no intention of bashing the show, its fans, or eliminating simpsons discussion; trust me.

where is my esexy

coming sometime soon, some dude from chicago's working on it. i guess he used to be an admin here or something.

the forum leaders here have no intention of bashing the show, its fans, or eliminating simpsons discussion; trust me.

Thank you :)

I didn't think so, I just wanted to express my thoughts twoards this board change.

I honestly think that overall, this is a change for the better. It's expanding the board in order to spread the appeal of the community to a wider group of people.

I've been thinking this over after reading the various views on the change, which have been scattered around the place and I do have one major concern. What is the attraction of this website now? It's just another off-topic forum. For along time this was the premier place for the Simpsons discussion and it attracted people who enjoy the show. Eventually many of these members filtered down to the OT section and the board had a steady flow of new regular members. What is gunna happen now? There are tons and tons of off-topic and pop culture forums. This one has no real USP anymore. I fear the board is gunna become just a small group of regular members and thats it. I'm definately not gunna leave for a while because I've grown to love this place and respect/hate/like/be infuriated by the members here. I really hope that this board thrives post-change but I dunno, it makes me feel uneasy because there is no obvious attraction to this place for new members and I really don't want the board to die.

no obvious attraction?

how about one-on-one time with BRODY HIMSELF?

haha brent.

let me & jacob take care of getting this site off zeus's shitty technologies & making your boarding experience super-fast, then we'll worry about our marketing approach and nohomers' 10-year plan.

Yeah, that's fine. I just wanted to express that concern coz I want the site to do well and everything. You've done a great job so far so I'll trust your judgement etc. etc.

(also brent, wtf?)

First, it happened to Homer.
Then it happened to the show.
The Simpsons Sourcebook joined Fandom.
And now it started here.

NEW, SUPER ERA.

Can I borrow a feeling?

I have no doubt that this has been brought up, but is the board's search function completely useless now?

at the very latest the search will be fixed before the switch to the new server... so by january 1st.

the site's now on crutches instead of using a walker, things should be a bit faster until we finally put an end to this shit.

actually i'll try to get the search fully functional by tuesday, no promises though

EDIT: doing attempt #2 today (monday), hopefully it'll be complete & working by the afternoon.

search is FIXED going back to 2001, or at least 99% of it is.

if anything's missing from this fall i'll get to it sometime today.

searchtagcloud.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back