Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they always have those few they get really keen on using as much as they can... though Fat Tony's miles above the likes of Shauna or Crazy Cat Lady so I don't mind it with him. Same with the bullies minus Shauna, they get overused but they're still pretty fun.

I really don't think any "different" way of doing a Brandine ep is going to work though. Characters like her, Cletus, ect have no flexibility. There's characters that are stereotypical that you can get good material out of like Apu and Willie but the former are just too hard-coded the way they are. Even if they stapled on some scully-eque backstory she'll still just be a weak, unfunny character, just with a few paragraphs of fluff that doesn't mean anything. (It's probably why "Uncut Femmes" completely failed to grab me. Replace "rigid and weak" with "blank slate but redressed with a guest voice to strip any chance of it being meaningful") I just cannot see a Brandine episode being any good without making her a 100% different person.

Back in the early days Edna, Skinner, Flanders and so on were perfect for spotlight eps, having a template personality but a lot of wiggle room to grow and there can be good examples even from the Jean era. I know Nelson's more pitiable side is a bit controversial but I thought his development was actually really good and did have an impact on several relationships, mainly with Lisa. There's still some decent and unlikely surprise candidates left too. Though they'll likely get left in the dark for the rest of the show's run because the staff would rather do yet another ep about Cletus' kids that have no character outside of "funny names" or whatever.

I mean, it's okay to have some characters that are only one-note like Brandine, Luigi and so on. Just don't waste time giving them the spotlight when there's no room for anything interesting and more deserving candidates going to waste.

Another season on the way, a new set of news, discussions & expectations (or not) as well. Here we go... Again.

I don't like the sound of a Brandine episode, to be honest. After the immensly weak last two Cletus episodes ('Incredible Lightness Of Being A Baby' & even more so 'Yoke Hero') I wouldn't want a Spuckler family episode any time soon unless they have a great idea. As I've said before, Cletus is not interesting, likeable or deep enough to work & is pretty much a joke character (that should remain as such) yet they insist on making him a prominent character & I cannot imagine Brandine working out any better.

I guess they could pull a Sarah Wiggum a la 'Uncut Femmes' with her which do feel unlikely as Sarah was a clean slate character that they could work freely with when crafting her a personality and all that, while Brandine is already very much established as a female version of Cletus. I'd rather like them focusing on a different female character that would be a better fit (why not do something with Bernice Hibbert for once?), but seems like they are already decided.

There isn't any table read today (for UABF07)

I don't care so much, but by my count, they just will out of schedule (if one read per two weeks) and thus will have enough time until December. I understand they started a month later, though.

Last edited:
I'd rather they did little bits with characters like that first, establish something worthwhile about them. Like after some of his appearances and especially "Girl's in the Band" Mr Largo I think would be a really welcome character to do something with. With someone like him, he's a frequent face and there's some reason to care about him.

Well since there's no table read for UABF07 today... AGAIN! We'll wait until sometime next Thursday, hopefully! Fingers crossed!

Been really checking Michael Price's Twitter as he usually answers many fan questions mostly from JustinBoy23 and KrispyKringleGotham (Weird Names)
Anyway, KKG, asked if Maude will appear and if there's an episode name to the Brandine episode.
He says no current name to Brandine episode and that he's sure Maude will appear but he's not certain.
Links:
twitter.com/mikeprinceinla/status/1398025262424494080
It's really weird to see how much the Simpsons writers are utilizing Maude more considering 10 years ago she would appear like every 2 to 3 seasons in a short cameo.

Last edited:
Unless if Season 33 happens to do a flashback episode somewhere in the UABF production season, but we'll see

Also, Mothers and Other Strangers has a lot of Marge in it, but it won't be a Marge episode. But however, The Longest Marge is gonna be a Marge-centered episode

https://twitter.com/mikepriceinla/status/1398055616187224066

Someone already asked Carolyn Omine about UABF05. I even shared this info in season 32 thread (perhaps, mods didn't pay attention to that post to update the 1st post :uhh:)

UPD. Who's the next secondary character to make episodes for? Barney!
Michael Price said:
Barney has a featured part in one episode next season but nothing too big for Otto.

FYI, it's all because [MENTION=22979]B-Boy[/MENTION] asked me to stop double or triple posting in this thread last night, like how dare he? :rolleyes: But I apologize for all that, and I also apologize for being off-topic again

As expected: Oscars moved again. This time a month later - March, 27th, 2022

I'll say ahead the Easter will be on April 17th, 2022 (and, consequently, Palm Sunday on 10th, April).

Remind, Grammy 2022 is on 30th of January, and Super Bowl is... on 13th February.

Oh, let's not forget about Winter "let's preempt whole February schedule" Olympics...

Remind, Grammy 2022 is on 30th of January
Actually, the Grammys will be on Monday, January 31, because of the NFL conference championship games being moved to January 30 under the new 18-week NFL regular season schedule.

However, on January 30, Fox will be airing the NFC Championship Game in primetime (followed by the premiere of one of its new midseason shows, Monarch - what do you mean, it's not a live-action The Venture Bros. spinoff?).

Someone already asked Carolyn Omine about UABF05. I even shared this info in season 32 thread (perhaps, mods didn't pay attention to that post to update the 1st post :uhh:)

Didn't include it because she was politely joking, obviously Marge and Bart, two of the show's main characters, are going to be in the episode. Likewise The Longest Marge is obviously going be a Marge episode so it doesn't need to be stated

On a related note I'm finding the recurring behavior of asking the writers if an episode is "[character]-centered" to be pretty tedious and annoying. How about we let them reveal information on their own terms instead of trying to shake it out of them. I don't want to type "CONFIRMED: bumblebee man will appear and he just might do something!!!!" 500 times

Didn't include it because she was politely joking, obviously Marge and Bart, two of the show's main characters, are going to be in the episode. Likewise The Longest Marge is obviously going be a Marge episode so it doesn't need to be stated

On a related note I'm finding the recurring behavior of asking the writers if an episode is "[character]-centered" to be pretty tedious and annoying. How about we let them reveal information on their own terms instead of trying to shake it out of them. I don't want to type "CONFIRMED: bumblebee man will appear and he just might do something!!!!" 500 times

Definitely people need to stop that. Sometimes we may learn interesting information like the upcoming Brandine-focused episode, but most of the time people are just asking very odd questions that poor Michael Price and others answers for them. Recently some guy was asking if Homer will wear his white socks with his cuff pants, and I was like WTF does that have to do with anything? It's like the strangest things people are interested in.

You know? I guess Dark Homer is right, I mean I may have to stop asking one of the Simpsons crew on Twitter if one of the upcoming Simpsons episodes is gonna be a '[character]-centered' episode for a while. Like, I do think we've got just about enough information for S33 at the moment

Honestly though, I think we, myself included, should probably stop asking one of the Simpsons crew on Twitter questions about one of the upcoming episodes for S33 as for now

And keep in mind, there hasn't been any one of the Simpsons seasons that did not have a Christmas episode since Season 29, even though Gone Boy had the Christmas opening (You know, the intro and the couch gag) when it wasn't a Christmas episode afterwards back then

You know? I'm starting to think that The Wayz We Were has so far to be a mysterious episode for Season 33 at the moment, because... The thing of it is, we don't even know what that one for Season 33 is gonna be about yet, so... Maybe we'll have to wait until fall before we find out what The Wayz We Were will be about

You know? I'm starting to think that The Wayz We Were has so far to be a mysterious episode for Season 33 at the moment, because... The thing of it is, we don't even know what that one for Season 33 is gonna be about yet, so... Maybe we'll have to wait until fall before we find out what The Wayz We Were will be about

Just when I think you can't get more nonsensical...

Im seeing a lot of "showran by Matt Selman" in that OP post, is it time for me to have hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back