Season 33 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has never been an episode on that date. The only thing that Wikisimpsons listed as released on that date is a Bart & Co comic (in the UK, so nothing in the USA at all)
Here's what I have airing on Sunday 1/2 at 8 Eastern since 1995 (before then, except for 1990, the show aired on Thursdays in January)
2000 - repeat of Brother's Little Helper
2005 - (pre-empted for the movie True Lies)
2011 - repeat of The Fool Monty
I do have a feeling there will be a new episode of something on 1/2 - but probably something like the season premiere of 9-1-1 Lone Star.

Here's what I have airing on Sunday 1/2 at 8 Eastern since 1995 (before then, except for 1990, the show aired on Thursdays in January)
I do have a feeling there will be a new episode of something on 1/2 - but probably something like the season premiere of 9-1-1 Lone Star.

Who knows? There might or might not be a new Simpsons episode for January 2nd next year, but we'll see

Well we haven't got a Maggie episode in a while since The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby back in Season 31 anyway. Then again, who knows how A Made Maggie might turn out when it's NOT gonna be a flashforward episode since A Made Maggie is gonna be a Jean-runned episode

I think Trab Pu Kcip meant premieres not repeats

As I suspected, Mark Kirkland is no longer with The Simpsons, after 30 consecutive years. He was notably absent this past season. He's joined a new animated show called HouseBroken, produced by former Simpsons writer Jennifer Crittenden.

https://twitter.com/markk1914/status/1395456415259496451

No wonder Mark Kirkland hasn't directed any one of the QABF production episodes. It's too bad that Mark Kirkland actually left the Simpsons after 30 years. But what about Bob Anderson? I heard he left The Simpsons as well

As I suspected, Mark Kirkland is no longer with The Simpsons, after 30 consecutive years. He was notably absent this past season. He's joined a new animated show called HouseBroken, produced by former Simpsons writer Jennifer Crittenden.

https://twitter.com/markk1914/status/1395456415259496451

Yep, it was going to come soon, but we didn't know when his announcement of leaving will be. He did have some bad episodes near the end of his run, but losing him is like losing a piece of history, mainly because of his great track record in the classic era.

Couldn't find the exact tweet from Michael Price, but while scrolling through his Twitter saw that he had responded to someone asking if there were gonna be any more character spotlight episodes in S33, and while he did say there's a big Flander's episode, he also revealed there's a Brandine Spuckler one in the works. I'm interested in why they chose to do Brandine, and I hope she isn't as mediocre as Cletus's episodes. If anyone could find the tweet for reference that would be great.

Couldn't find the exact tweet from Michael Price, but while scrolling through his Twitter saw that he had responded to someone asking if there were gonna be any more character spotlight episodes in S33, and while he did say there's a big Flander's episode, he also revealed there's a Brandine Spuckler one in the works. I'm interested in why they chose to do Brandine, and I hope she isn't as mediocre as Cletus's episodes. If anyone could find the tweet for reference that would be great.

I think a big Flanders episode is gonna be Part 1 and 2 of A Serious Flanders

Source
https://twitter.com/mikepriceinla/status/1397798941899460614

Well, which Flanders' episodes is OBVIOUSLY - Q21 & 22, but Brandine... is something new.

I wrote a while ago (well, in another forum on NHC), that would like to see real development of her character.

So, wait:)...

Source
https://twitter.com/mikepriceinla/status/1397798941899460614

Well, which Flanders' episodes is OBVIOUSLY - Q21 & 22, but Brandine... is something new.

I wrote a while ago (well, in another forum on NHC), that would like to see real development of her character.

So, wait:)...

Glad to see some development of more of the female cast of the show. Before S32, I just thought the show would never experiment with them, but I'm glad they're actually doing something. While they definitely screwed up on Maude and Miss Hoover and Sarah is just another case I'm still excited to see the show doing this, and hope to see more of it in the future. :)

The problem will be... if it will be Jean-runned episode:(

*If only not Al Jean! If only not Al Jean!*:Prayinggator: (even I, always loyal, become more critically to him:rolleyes:)

Seriously, recent Cletus(+Homer) episodes were bad, and I really hope Brandine-episode will be done with another technique for such episodes, more like Uncut Femmes rather Yokel Hero

*If only not Al Jean! If only not Al Jean!*:Prayinggator: (even I, always loyal, become more critically to him:rolleyes:)

Seriously, recent Cletus(+Homer) episodes were bad, and I really hope Brandine-episode will be done with another technique for such episodes, more like Uncut Femmes rather Yokel Hero

Let's hope Jean lets Selman take over and stop his creepy obsession with Cletus episodes. We get it he's a Yokel, you gonna expand on that or..........okay that's all. I feel the Brandine episode script hasn't been revealed yet as it doesn't seem to fit any of the currently revealed episodes aside from Mothers and Other Strangers, and maybe the Wayz We Were, but that seems like a long shot.

Just to note Michael Price confirmed Q21-22 are Flanders eps.

That really ws obvious, though:oops:|

Also, a little while back Cesar Mezargios (sorry if it's spelled wrong) also revealed on his Twitter that A Serious Flanders won't feature Maude or Edna which isn't that big of a thing, but it was nice seeing them both get there own little spotlights in S32.

Just to note Michael Price confirmed Q21-22 are Flanders eps.

That really ws obvious, though:oops:|

Also, Justin, do you know about "thanks" word?:P

Yeah, I actually said thanks to Michael Price, rather than saying 'all right', 'all righty' and whatever to him on Twitter

Also, a little while back Cesar Mezargios (sorry if it's spelled wrong) also revealed on his Twitter that A Serious Flanders won't feature Maude or Edna which isn't that big of a thing, but it was nice seeing them both get there own little spotlights in S32.

Source (you can indicate them on your own;))

At the moment, there are only 2 more episodes that Al Jean can showrun (he has 02 and 03).

About there being a Brandine episode, I am kinda fearful because of the recent failues of Cletus episodes, but I'm alright with hoping that a Brandine episode is good.

btw the first post has been updated.

So two seasons in a row we get Cletus episodes and next one a Brandine?

I really don't get why they're so obsessed with the Spucklers. They're easily amongst the weakest characters in the entire show and unlike a few other lesser characters, there's not much room for them to be any better. A lot of bad or "eh" characters could be actually good or even great if they were utilized better (and in some cases, just cribbing from their earlier appearances would do) but the Spucklers are about as flat as Luigi or the Sea Captain... well, maybe flatter than the latter actually.

Hopefully "A Made Maggie"s title means it'll have Fat Tony. He's one of the few that started good and mostly stayed good. And I'm really not sad it isn't a flashforward after Mother and Child Reunion.

So two seasons in a row we get Cletus episodes and next one a Brandine?

I really don't get why they're so obsessed with the Spucklers. They're easily amongst the weakest characters in the entire show and unlike a few other lesser characters, there's not much room for them to be any better. A lot of bad or "eh" characters could be actually good or even great if they were utilized better (and in some cases, just cribbing from their earlier appearances would do) but the Spucklers are about as flat as Luigi or the Sea Captain... well, maybe flatter than the latter actually.

Hopefully "A Made Maggie"s title means it'll have Fat Tony. He's one of the few that started good and mostly stayed good. And I'm really not sad it isn't a flashforward after Mother and Child Reunion.

I'm sure Fat Tony will return in S33. They really like using him as he's gone from a one-season character (like Sideshow Bob) to becoming a very frequent character (3 to 4 appearances per season).

I'm sure Fat Tony will return in S33. They really like using him as he's gone from a one-season character (like Sideshow Bob) to becoming a very frequent character (3 to 4 appearances per season).

There is a major difference. Sideshow Bob appears in 1 episode per 2 seasons (not counting short cameos, like in "Blazed and Confused"), with own story, and some development, for that matter. And 95% he'll appear in season 33 (I tried to ask the staff to really confirm that, but was ignored the times:oops:).

Fat Tony contrast can be seen in 2-in-a-row episodes: "Go Big or Go Homer" and "The Fat Blue Line". The former is minor role, and not really prominent. The latter is old classic "Fat Tony story", and, even running by Jean, it was a good episode, better than "Go Big".

"Blue Line" was the last big Tony's episode so far. I think the crew just doesn't want to put additional effort for that character development, rather they ruined of ideas.

Unfortunally, nowadays, it's more easy to write "much short forgettable good-or-bad cameos" for Tony (as they were in seasons 31-32):oops:|:rolleyes:

At the moment, there's no sign of Season 33 of The Simpsons having the new Sideshow Bob episode or a new Professor Frink episode yet

A Frink episode nornmally comes every 2 years, like a Bob episode, so chances of them 2 getting an episode this year is likely. However, recent Bob episodes and Frink episodes in general have been failures, and I don't look forward to them so much (whilst Fat Tony still has some decent episodes)

Fat Tony still has some decent episodes

*correction some decent full, own episodes, or at least stories (Whistler's Father sub-polt, for example)

sorry for overposting, I couldn't keep from put my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back