If Homer had chosen Mindy, would they have made a good couple?

Homer and Mindy...

• Total voters

LukeMM95

Edgy McEdgeEdge
Something I always wonder whenever I rewatch "The Last Temptation of Homer" is what Homer's life would be like if he had chosen Mindy over Marge. Of course we get that silly fantasy scene where we see them living in a mansion and playing tennis but that's probably the last thing that would ever happen. Homer and Mindy were in a lot of ways perfect for each other but in this case that could have been a bad thing. Their laziness and passion for gluttony could have taken both of them to an early grave. Marge doesn't do much to prevent these aspects of Homer's life but she still takes care of him. That and being a family man, keeps him from being a complete sloth. Without a family, Homer would probably have no reason to leave his home besides work and going to Moe's.

So what are your thoughts?

in b4 somebody tries to bring up the point that mindy is hotter than marge despite being a cartoon

Something I always wonder whenever I rewatch "The Last Temptation of Homer" is what Homer's life would be like if he had chosen Mindy over Marge. Of course we get that silly fantasy scene where we see them living in a mansion and playing tennis but that's probably the last thing that would ever happen. Homer and Mindy were in a lot of ways perfect for each other but in this case that could have been a bad thing. Their laziness and passion for gluttony could have taken both of them to an early grave. Marge doesn't do much to prevent these aspects of Homer's life but she still takes care of him. That and being a family man, keeps him from being a complete sloth. Without a family, Homer would probably have no reason to leave his home besides work and going to Moe's.

So what are your thoughts?

there was a simpsons comic where Frink's FUMPA goes berserk and creates an alternate reality where Margie married Artie (but were divorcing in the strip) and Homer was married to Mindy (but wait for it.....she leaves him for her bowling instructor) however in the realities he still had Bart and Maggie, while Marge had Lisa.

Either way it probably wouldn't have worked and the fantasy never said if either side had any kids

i know it's just a cartoon, but mindy is way hotter than marge

Mindy is hot, but noone beats Marge in hotness. The new topic for this thread :P

Homer and Mindy seem to be a great match, but we don't actually know enough of Mindy. Maybe she isn't patient enough with Homer like Marge is, or maybe their similiar personalities can only mean bad things for them. Like if both Homer and Mindy love donuts, Homer probably wouldn't like to share them with her.

I think Lurleen would be a better woman for him though.

Last edited:
While I feel like they would get along very well for the most part and be extremely understanding of each other, I don't know if Mindy would have the ability to look after Homer like Marge does. Homer can't really do a lot of things for himself, and Mindy seems awfully lazy, so she might not be willing to pick up the slack. I picked "Destine(d) for success," but thinking about it some more, there could be some flaws that might make it tough for their marriage to last.

As they're basically the same person, no.

Also, having those two run a household wouldn't make for 'an accurate depiction of middle-class American family life'

Not that the show seems to care about that any more.

I've never been convinced of the "opposite attract" theory. Sure it works for many couples but I think two similar people can work together also. They'd need some differences to compensate for their partner's flaws, but sharing similar qualities and traits isn't a bad thing. Mindy appears to be slightly smarter or more mature than Homer so I think she could still take care and watch out for him, just to a lesser extent that Marge does. I'm not sure how the two would fair if they had kids though. That could possibly ruin the relationship since we know Homer isn't a good father and Mindy probably wouldn't have the energy for it either.

Back